Business Development Associate
This position presents an uncapped opportunity for a highly motivated individual to work alongside a small group of seasoned supply chain specialists. The Business Development Associate will support the Company’s head of sales in bid preparation, customer support and new lead generation for this fast-growth 3PL focused on last mile distribution, warehousing and fulfillment services throughout the United States.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Generating leads and developing and managing a pipeline of prospects via telemarketing and direct email marketing;
- Contacting ‘hot’ leads for new business development and succinctly articulating the Company’s value proposition and gathering, as necessary, data to formulate bids;
- On-going customer support and service.
Such a candidate must possess the following qualities:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Telemarketing experience and persistent mindset to engage prospects via telephone;
- Experience utilizing digital and social marketing.
In addition, the following qualities are preferred:
- Business development experience in the logistics industry;
- Knowledge operating within the 3PL industry;
- Familiarity with pool and last mile distribution;
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com;
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel;
- Four-year Bachelors degree;
- Familiarity with warehousing and fulfillment processes, air freight as well as container movements.
Location: West Los Angeles Corporate Headquarters. Compensation: To be determined based on experience and capabilities.