This position presents an uncapped opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced individual to work alongside a small group of seasoned supply chain specialists. The Business Development Director must have the ability to work independently and in a team environment in new lead generation, bid preparation and customer support for this rapidly growing 3PL focused on parcel, fixed route courier-type distribution throughout the United States.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Generating leads, developing and managing a pipeline of prospects via telemarketing, social marketing campaigns and direct email marketing;
- Contacting ‘hot’ leads for new business development and succinctly articulating the Company’s value proposition and gathering, as necessary, data to formulate bids;
- Leveraging independent vendor network in addition to the Company’s existing network to construct price and service models to meet customer needs;
- On-going customer support and service.
Such a candidate must possess the following qualities:
- Excellent communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment to close and manage client accounts;
- Telemarketing experience and persistent mindset to engage prospects via telephone;
- Experience utilizing digital and social marketing.
- Business development experience in the courier logistics industry including established relationships with qualified prospects for our services;
- Familiarity with small package, pool and last mile distribution.
In addition, the following qualities are preferred:
- Knowledge operating within the 3PL industry and, in particular, courier distribution;
- Familiarity with Salesforce.com;
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel;
- Four-year Bachelors degree;
Corporate Headquarters in Los Angeles. Position can work out of home office.
Compensation: To be determined based on experience and capabilities.
We are an equal opportunity employer and offer competitive compensation, healthcare, internal advancement opportunities and much more.
No employment decision may be based on an individual’s race, color, religion, national origin, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, age or exercising the right to any legally provided leave of absence in the application of any policy, practice, rule or regulation.